My dad is fond of spicy food and I took after my father. 🤣 I decided to make this sandwich for him to eat while he is travelling.
- 1 kilo chicken breast fillet
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- burger buns
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp ground peper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (I used Frank’s Original Red Hot)
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 head of a medium cabbage, shredded
- 1 small carrot, julienne
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1. Flatten chicken breast fillets if they are too big with meat tenderizer. If you’re like me who don’t have one, you can just use to fist 😉
- Season each side of the fillet with salt and pepper. I used my favorite sea salt with herbs.
- Mix all the breading ingredients: flour, salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, paprika and ground pepper.
- Coat the fillets with the breading.
- Fry until golden brown. Make sure not to overcook as this dries out the chicken, especially the breast part.
- Mix the buffalo sauce: butter, hot sauce and cayenne pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients for the salad: cabbage, carrot and ranch.
Now it’s time to assemble our sandwich!
- 1. Optional: toast the buns with butter. I was in a hurry so I didn’t.
- Place the lettuce.
- Dunk your seasoned fillets on the buffalo sauce and place it above the lettuce.
- Place the salad.
- Top it with another lettuce if you don’t want your buns to be soggy.
- Optional: add cheese for extra goodness!
And you’re done! Enjoy this easy to make buffalo sandwich. I did. 😋