For this week and until next week, I am in charge of the kitchen and especially in preparing breakfast for my siblings and niece so they don’t go to school starving. Here is one easy meal that you can prepare for your loved ones in 20 minutes.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- 4-5 cups cooked rice
- 200g tomato sauce
- 1/2 small cabbage, shredded
- 1 tbsp and 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 of a can of spam, diced
- leftover chicken and pork belly, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- dash of italian seasoning
- dash of cumin seeds
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium-high heat.
- Fry minced garlic until golden brown. Baby sit this so as not to burn the garlic as it tastes bitter once burned.
- Add the diced onion.
- Once the onion becomes translucent, add in the leftover chicken, pork belly and spam. Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, italian seasoning and cumin seeds. Make sure to only put a small amount of cumin seeds as this bad boy is strong.
- Simmer the sauce for 5-7 minutes or until you see the sauce get glossy or shiny.
- Mix in the cooked rice, ensure that there are no big clumps of rice stuck together.
- Add the cabbage and cook for 2 minutes.
- Taste everything together and add more seasoning if you like. I personally added a bit more salt before taking it off the heat.
Tadaaaa! We’ve just made this easy peasy tomato fried rice recipe. If you have green onions, you can add that too for extra flavor and color. I must say that the cumin seeds made this outstanding. I was looking for that kick while cooking and adding a teeny tiny bit of cumin seeds did the job.
What do you guys think?