This is my first attempt on a smokey eye that turned out acceptable. I guess “practice makes perfect” like most beauty guru say is really true. I’m not perfect at smokey looks though, but I think I’m getting better. 🙂 I experimented with the lips and decided to go a little bold. Glad it didn’t clash with the eyes.
Here’s the look in detail. I had to wear contacts because I can’t see clearly without them. I’ve tried doing it several times and my looks just appear so messed up in camera. XD
How to acheive this look:
- Prime your lids, as always.
- Apply a base to intensify the color. In my case, I used a brown eyeliner.
- Take a dark golden eyeshadow and pat it on the inner half of the lids.
- Using the same brush, just flip it to the other side, and apply a medium bronze eyeshadow.
- Take a clean blending brush and dip it ever so lightly to a medium brown eyeshadow and apply it to the crease area. This will serve as a transition color.
- Using a crease brush, apply a darker color, concentrating it on the crease.
- To add more definition, take a dark brown eyeshadow and apply it to the outer V, not past where you put the crease color.
- Line your eyes and wing it out.
- Using the dark brown eyeshadow, line your lower lashline. Using the medium bronze you applied earlier, place it right under the darker lower lashline color to add a smokey effect.
- Line your waterline with a black eyeliner.
- Curl you lashes, apply false lashes if you like and apply mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
- Highlight the inner tear ducts and the brow bone.
- For the cheeks, apply a pink blush and contour your cheek bones and the sides of the nose if you like. I also highlighted my nose bridge.
- For the lips, I dabbed a warm red lipstick and topped it off with a pink lip gloss.
Ever Bilena Mousse Foundation in Acorn
Ever Bilena Mousse Concealer in Pure Beige
Ever Bilena Powder Foundation in Soft Beige
NYX Eyebrow Cake in Blonde
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Eastgirl Brown Eyeliner (as base)
Fab Closet Superstar Palette
ELF Brightening Eye Quad in Butternut
Nichido Mineral Kohl Eye Pencil in Onyx
Maybelline Lash Stiletto Mascara
Ever Bilena Cheek Blush in Raisin
ELF Clarifying Pressed Powder in Honey (as contouring powder)
NYX Round Lipstick in Eros
Careline Lipgloss in #104
Tell me what you, guys think. 🙂