Keeping lipstick aside, blushes are a great way to brighten up your face. They add color to a pale face and makes you look even more blooming. Ever Bilena Cheek Blush with UVA/AUVB Protection is one of the cheap blushes locally that works.
Weight: 4 g
Availability: Can be bought online and at any Ever Bilena stall / counter.
Shades: Raisin, Shy, Honest, Cheek, Earth, Everyday
They have a considerable amount of product. I’ve used Raisin most often than not and I still have yet to hit pan. These blushes are pigmented, but powdery. They last about 3-4 hours on my cheeks. Take note that I have oily skin and most of the time I’m in an air-conditioned room. If it’s a very humid day, it probably won’t last that long.
Ever Bilena Cheek Blushes are contained in a somewhat sleek packaging that’s supposed to mimic MAC’s blushes. The packaging holds a mirror and brush inside. It held well in my bag, considering that I open it more than once a day because I have to retouch. I really didn’t expect much for the mirror and brush, but they are usable.
The brush is not dense, but it is soft and I don’t mind using it since I’m not fond of bringing a blush brush with me.
I’m going to describe each shade from left to right.
Raisin: This is the blush that I use everyday. It suits me so well, even though it’s cool-toned. For reference, I am NC30. It is a matte light pink blush so it’s not that obvious that I’m wearing blush, which I like very much. I always get compliments when I wear this. My face definitely looks brighter with this.
Shy: This is a shimmery true cool pink blush. I use this blush when I want a Barbie pink color on my cheeks. This is tagged as a MAC Dollymix dupe. You have to be light-handed with this unless you want to end up as Aunt Sally. Raisin looks warm when placed next to this.
Honest: This is a warm peach blush with no shimmer. This is good for girls in the NC35 range. I find that this is a bit too warm for me, or maybe peach blushes don’t suit me well.
Cheek: This is a warm, deep golden blush that suits women of color more. I tried using this and I look drunk because the color is too bright and deep for me. I look red with this blush. This is a dupe for NARS Tao.
Hands down to my go to blush. When I run out of this, I would definitely repurchase this shade. 🙂 If you’re wondering about my Go To products, please read my Go To Makeup Routine. 🙂
Here’s one of the pictures where I used Ever Bilena Cheek Blush in Raisin.
- Affordable! What I like about local products is that most of them are very inexpensive.
- It has UVA/UVB protection, but I doubt if it’s effective. I don’t mind it though since my moisturizer already has it.
- It has a considerable amount of product.
- Lasts a good 3-4 hours on my oily skin.
- Shade selection is very suitable for Filipinas since they suit warm-toned skin well.
- Even though it is pigmented, it is also powdery, which is such a waste.
- You have to reapply more often if you are in a humid environment.
- Always tap the excess powder before applying the blush. You don’t want to get any pink or peach fallout everywhere your face.
Have you tried these blushes? Tell me what you guys think! 🙂