One of the makeup crimes you can commit is to go out wearing a smokey eye look or any look, complete with liners and luscious lashes, but with undone brows. Eyebrows are crucial in makeup. It can make or break your look. Most of us have sparse brows and that’s the reason why brow pencils were invented. I’m lucky I got hold of this almost always out of stock Etude House Drawing Eye Brow.
Product Info: Silky smooth eyebrow pencil fills in, defines and shapes brows to perfection. Ultra-fine tip lightly deposits pigments, mimicking actual brow hair for a natural look that highlights the sparkle of your eyes.
Price: P128.00. Refills are sold for about P72.00.
Availability: Can be bought online and at any Etude House stall / counter.
Shades: 01 Dark Brown, 02 Gray Brown, 03 Brown, 04 Dark Gray, 05 Gray, 06 Black
The pencil is about 1 inch long. It is semi-hard and not waxy so the amount of product is just enough. I like that it is retractable and has a slanted tip. It is not very pigmented. It can be a pro or a con, depending on what you want. For me, it’s a plus because I can be heavy handed and still my brows won’t look overly done, just defined.
You can see in the picture that even though the pencil has a slanted tip, it has a fatter side, which I avoid when I’m lining the tail of my brows. It would have been perfect if it were straight.
It has a brush on the other end of the pencil. But I’m pretty much convinced that this doesn’t do anything to my brows other than lighten the pigmentation and tame the brows in place. It is a bit too sparse for it to actually spread the product out evenly.
I struggle with lining my brows, especially if the pencil is so soft that it gives off too much pigmentation. Some pencils even have a red undertone. Those are some of the reasons why I stay away from brow pencils. But Etude House Drawing Eye Brow isn’t any of those things I complained about. If you’re heavy handed and have difficulty with pencils, this little gem is for you. If you have dark hair with a hint of red, 01 Dark Brown would be good for you.
One of the reasons why I picked this shade is that it doesn’t have any red undertone to it. I’ve swatched the left part about three times, and the one on the right was swatched once. I tried rubbing this and it came off after 8-10 rubs.
I think my brows look prettier in the after shot. It is fuller and more defined. 🙂
- It is retractable so you don’t have to sharpen it. It saves time too!
- It has a slanted tip.
- It’s not very soft/waxy so you don’t waste too much product.
- You can be heavy-handed and your brows won’t look drawn on.
- Refills are available so you don’t have to buy a new one when this runs out.
- It stays put throughout the day.
- It doesn’t have any red undertone to it.
- Formula is light but buildable.
- If you have very sparse brows, lining with this pencil can take a while.
- I find the fatter side of the pencil a bit inconvenient because there’s a loss of precision, especially when you’re drawing the tail of your brows.
Tip from Etude House:
- For natural looking brows, apply liner with precise and short strokes, following the natural growth of your brows.
Rating: 9/10. I am very much satisfied with this pencil.