This is actually the first time I made up someone in a professional photoshoot. I like to call this “Exotic Fairy Photoshoot” because the concept of the photographers was fairies, but her beauty and the way she poses for the camera is far from the cutesy fairy we’re used to. She exudes confidence and exoticness, I think.
The model requested a Katy Perry-like makeup, which instantly made me think of bright colors. She even asked me to put on false lashes. One thing that I learned is that putting false lashes on someone else is actually easier than putting it on yourself. It was also my first time shaping the eyebrows of another person. Eeek! It was nerve-wrecking, but I was able to do it. 😛 I’m glad she was pleased with the look, so were the photographers.
How I did it:
- Shape the eyebrows first.
- Apply foundation and set it with powder.
- Define the brows.
- Prime your eyelids.
- Put on a sticky base to help the shadows stick and pop because they are quite powdery.
- Take a fuchsia eyeshadow and pat it on the inner half of the lid using a flat shader brush.
- Using the same brush, flip it over and dip it into a blue eyeshadow with purple undertone. Apply it on the outer half of the lid.
- Blend the two colors together so they are not a stark line.
- Using a crease brush, take a dark beige color and apply it to your crease. This will serve as a transition color and will add warmth to the look. Don’t forget to blend.
- With a darker blue color, define the outer V.
- Take a cream color and highlight the brow bone.
- Using a shimmery light-colored shadow, dab it on the inner corners to brighten the eyes.
- Line your upper lash line with a black pencil and ever so slightly wing it out. Top it off with a black eyeshadow to set the liner.
- Line the lower lashline with a dark brown eyeshadow. and blend it so it’s not a harsh line.
- Line your waterline with a black liner.
- Curl your lashes, apply mascara and put on false lashes.
- Contour the hollows of the cheeks and the sides of the nose. Then highlight the bridge of the nose.
- Apply a shimmery peach blush, and apply a peachy pink lipstick.
Ever Bilena Studio Finish Stick Foundation in Beige
Skinfood Darkcircle Salmon Cream Concealer in #2
Ever Bilena Powder Foundation in Soft Beige
Etude House Drawing Eyebrow Pencil in #2
MAC Browset in Girl Boy
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
Fab Closet Superstar Palette
Nichido Mineral Kohl Eye Pencil in Onyx
Maybelline Lash Stiletto Mascara
ELF Natural Radiance Blush in Glow
IN2IT Moisture Intense Lipstick in Roses
There isn’t much of a fairy in the look honestly, but meh. 😛 It was a good shoot anyway! 🙂