I made my very own deodorant today! I just used the container from Secret since it was the cheapest one that I found. I just took out the product, washed the container and replaced it with my own deodorant.
It’s definitely way cheaper to make your own and the product doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals and preservatives.
Here’s my recipe if you’re interested.
- 2 tbsp cocoa butter
- 2 tbsp shea butter
- Optional: 1 tsp wax (if you live in a tropical country like I do)
- 1 capsule vitamin E oil
- 3 tbsp arrowroot powder / cornstarch (I used the latter since it’s really hard to find arrowroot here but the former is a better option than cornstarch)
- 1 tbsp white kaolin clay
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 4 drops tea tree essential oil
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- 6 drops lavender essential oil
- Slowly melt the cocoa butter and shea butter in low heat. Subjecting these to high heat will cause the butters to lose their healing and beneficial properties. As much as possible, we want to keep these raw.
- Cool them down a bit before mixing in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to the container of your choice.
- Place the deodorant in the fridge to harden. Do not freeze it.
You can create your own scent of course. I also like vanilla essential oil! It smells very feminine (I just used it in my body butter). That’s the fun part in making your own product. You get to control the ingredients and the scent! ❤️❤️❤️