I can’t believe it’s April now! It seemed like the first quarter of 2018 literally just flew by. If you’ve read my 2017 review post, you’d know that my 2018 kicked off with a bang. And thankfully, as of now, I feel like I’m still being propelled by a rocket.
A lot of things have happened, some good, and some that I could improve on. First things first, I generally liked how my first quarter played out.
- Having a blast at work, learning new tools and technology. I especially enjoyed Angular and self-studying Sass on the side.
- Currently testing our application since we will be deploying it this month. You can feel the pressure, but it’s not overwhelming and I appreciate that the management is open to new ideas in order for us to improve our current process.
- Had my second evaluation and I did better than I expected. Woohoo!
- Unexpectedly, I was able to volunteer by teaching Sunday lessons to kids at Church. Tiring, but definitely worth it.
- Attended GLC(Global Leadership Center) for Book 2. I have already finished Book 1 last year and want to finish all the way until Book 6.
- Got hospitalized for the first time due to diarrhea and dehydration — my fault for carelessly eating street food.
- Started getting physically active again by doing interval jogging/running and it’s been so beneficial to me since it’s therapeutically good for the mind too 😉 I feel more positive now that I’ve moved on from my lethargic sedentary lifestyle of last year. Also, I felt no cramps at all when that time of the month came. Awesome!
- Finally got to terms with how I manage my stocks portfolio. Acceptance is key, really. I’m trying out a new strategy now that I don’t have all the time in the world to monitor my stocks, let’s see how this will play out within the year. I’m positive that I can still do this, though. 💪
- Started bullet journalling and loving my spreads but wasn’t able to keep it up until March. Let’s try again this quarter, how about that?
- Learned how to bike! LOL. My boyfriend has been my personal coach and I would like to keep on learning until I can finally bike on my own. Would love to be able to bike long distances!
- Finally visited Virgin Island — it is such a pretty, breath-taking island. I will definitely come back.
- Lost the phone that my dad gave to me 2 years ago. So I bought a new one.
Things That I Will Improve On:
- Stick to my running schedule and improve my endurance.
- Continue bullet journalling, but I will find a way to somehow automate making my spreads because in a fast-paced world, it takes a lot of time. I have to say though, that the Gratitude column is my favorite part.
- Continue learning how to bike.
- Continue learning about CSS and Sass on my free time.
- Be more careful so I don’t lose things.
- Be more mindful of what I eat so I don’t get sick.
Things I’m Excited For This Quarter:
- We will be having a new project at work and I will be working with a new tool. Learning never stops — I love being challenged and expanding my horizons.
- Healthier mind and body.
- Finish reading at least four books.
Things I’m Thankful For:
- For my work: the new opportunities, new friends — I cannot believe how quickly I made friends with my colleagues, everyone is so warm and our office is just so homey. Yes, your office should be your second home since you spend at least 8 hours of your day there.
- Able to pay my bills consistently. You can say that I am somehow currently struggling financially, but not once did I miss paying my credit card dues and been religiously paying for the subdivision lot that I bought last 2016. Adulting at its finest. 👌
- Of course, I am thankful for my family, my boyfriend, my friends, our house and the life that I was given.